Liepaja University is the largest center of education, science and innovation in Kurzeme region. The beginning of the education center in Kurzeme dates back to 1945. There are 1.500 students in 27 study programs at Liepaja University and 200 teaching staff members.
Study process at Liepaja University is organised by four faculties:
- Faculty of Science and Engineering;
- Faculty of Humanitarian Science and Arts;
- Faculty of Education and Social Work;
- Faculty of Management and Social Sciences.
There are four scientific research institutes at Liepaja University:
- Institute of Educational Sciences
- Kurzeme institute of Humanities
- Institute of Natural Sciences and Innovative Technologies
- Institute of Management Science
- 30 international lecturers;
- 90 outgoing mobilities;
- 30 incoming mobilities;
- About 100 partner Universties;
- About 20 international scientific conferences take place at Liepaja University every year;
- 75 students from Sweden, Ukraine, Moldova, Bulgaria, Russia, Azerbaijan, Romania, China, Ghana, Sri Lanka, Philippines, India, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Bangladesh are studying at Liepaja University in 2018/2019.
Liepaja University offers extracurricular activities:
- Women’s Choir “Atbalss”;
- Folk dance group “Banga”;
- Middle-aged folk dance group “Bandzenieki”;
Head of foreign affairs departament